Thursday, May 23, 2013

Throwback Thursday

I've been a little busy creating cards using only old/retired paper packs.  It's kind of fun to use items that are not current.  For one, I get to use up my stock.  Also, I get to see what all I have that I forgot I had.  Here are the creations:


This first card was created for a friend's birthday.  She's pretty country but kinda girly.  So, I did as much over-the-top as I could. I used the Clementine paper pack from Close To My Heart, the Cottage Assortment of button flowers, heat embossed the boots, hat, & blue outline, some burlap, and a few different colors/types of bling.



This is the inside of the card - kinda cute, huh?




The next 4 cards were created especially for a few kids  young adults in Basic Training for the Army.  My friend Rochelle Crawford's son is going through boot camp in South Carolina.  She told me there are people there who do not receive mail, ever.  That just broke my heart!  I mean, good grief!  If people willingly to sign up to defend our country, the absolute LEAST someone can do is send them a blasted letter or card!  In my opinion, military personnel, along with first responders, deserve our respect and prayers.  Ok, off of my soapbox.  Well, I got right to work creating some cards for 4 of Rochelle's son's friends.

This first card is using a pretty old paper pack called Fanfare.  The Statue of Liberty image is cut from a Cricut cartridge called Stand and Salute.


The tank was cut from the Stand & Salute cartridge and the Victory paper pack.



Fanfare paper pack and "Home of the Brave" cut from Stand & Salute.


Hero paper pack and Stand & Salute Cricut cartridge.



So, what do you think about my Throwback Thursday creations?  Now that you've checked out the blog, go and create some throwback items for you and your friends! I'd love to see what you come up with!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Michelle, this just made me cry.. Thank you so much!!!! I just know they are going to love these cards... The mail that has already started coming in has really lifted their spirits.. THANK YOU, my friend.. Love you ~Rochelle

    ReplyDelete