Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Use Your Stash Blog Hop - Buttons & Flowers

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
If you are joining us for the "Use Your Stash Blog Hop" you are on the right track. You should be coming from Cherri’s blog.  This month we are featuring buttons and flowers.  If you get lost along the way you can see the entire list of hoppers on Rachel’s blog.  Let’s get started. 

Welcome to my blog
 Inks & Inspirations

So, if you aren’t a buttons and flowers kinda crafter – how do you design something for a buttons & flowers blog hop?  Ya – I had no idea either.  First thing I did was dig out find buttons that I’ve had for at least a year and flowers I’ve had since….well… um... a while.  In fact, I’ve had them so long, I have no idea where and/or when I got them!  But, luckily I’m in this fun blog hop & can Use up my Stash!


After finding the buttons and flowers, I looked at the colors and said “Hey! Sonoma would be perfect!”  I love flourishes, so I used the Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge to make me a giant (fit to page) flourish.  Very carefully, I removed the paper and the flourish from my Cricut mat.  I wanted some depth, so I used the negative space/paper to sponge in New England Ivy the flourish onto the background paper.  Also, I added a few swipes of New England Ivy to the flourish itself, which is cut out of Olive paper.  Next, I used more pop dots than is legal to adhere my gi-normous flourish to the background.

Apparently I’ve been on a purple kick lately, so along with the Sonoma paper pack, I inked the Just Blooms flowers in Amethyst and Gypsy. Along with the Just Blooms flowers, I layered the other flowers I had found in my treasure hunt. Of course, I needed that ‘something’ for the flowers. 
That ‘something’ turned out to be the flowers from the
Heirloom Assortment.  Don’t you just love when you find that just right ‘something’!


Opposite the monstrous flourish, I stamped a flourish from the Dreams Come True stamp set.  I also used a couple of the flower stamps from this set to add flowers to my vine-type flourishes.  I used the buttons as the centers of flowers, but also as extras for the flourish at the top. 


Ok, so now I’ve created a buttons & flowers layout.  And I had a ton of fun doing it.  What do you think?  Feel free to leave me a comment and don’t forget to sign up to follow my blog.  Thanks for checking out my creation, now hop on over to Debi's Blog for more ideas of using up your stash.

6 comments:

  1. oh my gosh and goodness, this is totally amazing. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the sponging touch. you must be getting old to be on a purple kick. (joke- purple people are the MOST fun!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I love the additional depth you gave it by sponging through your negative space mask! I'm definitely going to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning! It is like a fairytale layout. My two little princesses would absolutely love all the pretty flowers and tiny buttons. Fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely gorgeous! I love all the layers!
    Wendy K.
    www.MyScrapbookingBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is simply gorgeous! Love it. Thanks for sharing. I'm a new follower. Scrappy hugs my friend.

    Christel
    http://onescrappinsista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete